How do I revoke an Enduring Power of Attorney?

Posted by Reg Biddulph | Nov 01, 2017 | 0 Comments

(Last Updated On: November 1, 2017)

Put it in Writing

You can revoke, or cancel, a Power of Attorney by giving your Attorney a written notice saying that his or her power has ended. Also, you may make a new Power of Attorney that states your previous Power of Attorney is now revoked (but you must still notify the previous Attorney of the revocation). Third parties (e.g., people or organisations that have been dealing with the Attorney) must also be notified. Additionally, if your Power of Attorney is registered at Landgate you must also register the revocation.

Note that if you fail to inform your attorney of the revocation, your Attorney can legally continue to make decisions on your behalf.

About the Author

Reg Biddulph

Graduated in law from the University of Western Australia in 1987. He has been a partner at Biddulph & Turley since 1991. He is a member of the Society of Trusts and Estate practitioners and is professionally experienced in all areas of deceased estates. In September 2016 Reg was recognised ...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment